Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chasin' gitars, uploading wasn't a word when I was born.

Here with my 1976 Electra x410 Jazz Strad (that wasn't a word 40 years ago) on my knee, I'm adding tunes recorded this summer to my Myspace page

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JOSHUASHELTONMUSIC

and exploring my uneasy truce with this century. We used to talk to eachother; now I tap plastic squares and a machine interprets thats as letters to transmit into a not-space where others read (or more likely, don't) them. Strange.

Looking at my pretentious writing reminds me how deeply indebted/infected I am to/by the gleat (that's late/great) Kurt Vonnegut, whose arrogance was matched only by his accuracy. To go out on a limb then jump, was the Vonnegut way. Now he flies.

I hope all would listen to my new music at my myspace page, and would hear the music of my friend Will McKindley-Ward in his band Ugly Purple Sweater. These folks really have their act together musically and in the ways it takes to get your music "out there." "Unnecessary quotes."

uglypurplesweater.bandcamp.com

Love to all the blogosphere and beyond,

the gaucho

No comments:

Post a Comment